Wrong rabbit, with a difference – filled meatloaf with egg
Meatloaf, also known as the wrong rabbit, is a recipe that most of us probably know from childhood. The spicy roast is usually quite dry, but thanks to the sauce, vegetables and potatoes it tastes delicious. However, if the meatloaf is filled before baking, the result will be significantly juicier and even more aromatic.
Fill your meatloaf with egg, boiled ham and cheese and you will be delighted with the result – and don’t worry, you don’t have to do without your beloved side dishes, because they also go well with this slightly different fake rabbit.
For this you need (for 4 servings):
For the minced meat:
- 700 g ground beef
- 100 g grated, dry white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Salt pepper
- 2-3 slices of cooked ham
- 200 g herbal cream cheese
- 3-4 slices of Gouda or Emmentaler
- 3 eggs
- Box shape, dimensions: 26 cm x 12 cm
That is how it goes:
1. Mix the minced meat with the specified ingredients, then put everything in a greased loaf pan and make a well in the mass with a glass.
Tip: Grease the loaf pan with butter and sprinkle it with breadcrumbs, so that the wrong rabbit can be removed from the pan more easily later.
2. Place the cooked ham in the hollow.
3. Cover the cooked ham with cream cheese.
4. Place cheese slices on top of the cream cheese.
5. Spread three eggs on top of the cheese.
6. Then bake the meatloaf with egg for 60 minutes at 180 ° C fan oven.
We recommend mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts with the wrong rabbit, and you can also prepare a gravy.
No matter whether served as a Sunday roast in close family circles or draped as a highlight on a buffet – with this filled meatloaf you will revolutionize the traditional fake rabbit in your family.
By the way: A meatloaf can not only be filled deliciously, it can also be wrapped in a crispy bacon blanket – here you will find the best recipe for a meatloaf with bacon.