Vegetarian sun made from spinach, ricotta and parmesan
Even if the sun rises later and sets earlier from day to day, that is by no means a reason to bury your head in the sand. Before you desperately cut out romantic sunsets from travel catalogs, try this recipe. This brings a piece of sunshine to your plate and amazes every guest on top of that.
For this you need:
For the dough:
- 500g flour
- 90 ml of olive oil
- 200 ml of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
For the filling:
- 350 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 350 g ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 100 g grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
That is how it goes:
1. Knead the flour, olive oil, water and salt into a smooth dough. Divide it into two portions and roll them out in large circles.
2. For the filling, mix the spinach, ricotta, an egg, parmesan, salt and pepper together well. You put this mixture on one of the dough circles as follows: one large portion exactly in the middle, the rest in a ring around it. There is some space between the outer ring and the middle.
3. Now you brush the edges with part of the second egg and place the other circle of dough on top. Press the edges all around with a fork. This creates a decorative pattern at the same time.
4. Now you cut the filled dough all around the same depth up to the filling in the middle. Grab the pieces and twist them up so that the filling becomes visible.
5. Finally brush the entire top with the remaining egg and bake the dough at 170 ° C for an hour.
Well, who said it? The sun is already stretching its rays towards you again. The spinach sun not only warms your heart, but also your stomach. It hurts a little less that the dark months are on the rise. Enjoy it and think of the comforting feeling of sun rays on your skin.