Potato pancake roll with cream cheese and boiled ham
You regularly hear about new crazy world records in terms of food: the largest hamburger in Germany, the largest pizza in the world and, new to the league of extraordinary dishes, the largest potato pancake of your life. You shouldn’t eat it off alone – unless you’re looking for a tough challenge. This recipe is not about a new record, but about enjoyment and creativity.
For this you need:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 diced shallots
- 30 g of chopped chives
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 400 g herbal cream cheese
- 6 large slices of cooked ham
- 100 g of grated cheese
That is how it goes:
- Peel and grate both the potatoes and carrots and place them together in a large bowl.
- Add the chives, the diced shallots, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make sure that the mass forms a cohesive surface without “cracks” and holes.
- You bake these in the oven at 160 ° C for 30 minutes and then let them cool down.
- Then you distribute half of the cream cheese on the potato pancake. Place the cooked ham on top and spread the rest of the cream cheese over it.
- Now you roll up the potato pancakes lengthways, the parchment paper will help. The cream cheese acts like glue and holds the roll together.
- Sprinkle the roll with the cheese and bake for another 15 minutes at 160 ° C.
To serve, cut the potato pancake roll into thick slices. Cut into thin slices, the roll is also suitable as finger food for the buffet. Now you can proudly say that the greatest potato pancake of all time was made in your kitchen.