Make sushi yourself | Sushi with rump steak and beans
Admittedly, sushi is not for everyone. If you are not a fan of raw fish wrapped in rice, but do not want to miss out on the chopsticks experience while eating, you can alternatively be satisfied with vegetarian sushi. But there is no need to avoid meat in sushi! Today we’re going to show you how you can easily make sushi with beans and rump steak yourself – a delicious meat variant that you shouldn’t miss out on.
For this you need (for 4 servings):
- 200 g sushi rice
- 1 rump steak
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Red and yellow peppers cut into strips
- 1 stick of spring onions cut into strips
- Sushi mat
- Meat thermometer
For the black bean puree:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion cut into cubes
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 30-50 g black olives, without stone
- 300 g cooked black beans
- Juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
That is how it goes:
1. For the bean puree, heat oil in the pan and sweat onions and garlic until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients, let everything simmer briefly and then puree it to a puree.
2. Prepare the sushi rice on the side and then stir it with the bean puree.
3. Salt the rump steak and fry it briefly on both sides in oil. Then put the rump steak in the oven at 140 ° C until the desired cooking level is reached. Check this with a meat thermometer. Then let the meat rest briefly in aluminum foil and then cut it into four equally wide strips.
4. Cut the tortilla wraps into squares.
5. Place the tortilla wraps one at a time on a sushi mat. First moisten each wrap with a little water and then cover it with bean puree; leave an edge free on one side so that you can roll up the tortilla wrap better later. Then top the beans with a strip of rump steak and strips of paprika and spring onion. Then roll up the tortilla wrap.
Tip: For a better hold, coat the exposed edge of the tortilla wrap with a little water or egg white before rolling it up.
6. Fry the rolled up tortilla wraps in a pan until crispy and cut them into pieces before serving.
This homemade sushi made from tortilla wraps, bean puree and rump steak tastes best with guacamole.
Do you want more meat? Then why not prepare this Mexican meat tower – a pleasure!