Lasagne soup with spinach in garlic bread
One ingredient that laid the foundation for Italian cuisine is definitely garlic. Garlic is the perfect addition to almost any dish. As soon as garlic meets hot olive oil in a pan, any gourmet could almost cry with happiness. Lasagna is at least as popular in Italian cuisine as garlic. And since we think both are pretty great, we have successfully combined these two components in the following recipe. Today we have lasagne soup in garlic bread.
For this you need (for 4 servings):
- 80 g of boiled spinach leaves
- 2 cooked lasagne sheets
- 100 g of grated cheese
- 145 ml of olive oil
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 6 large cloves of crushed garlic
- 800 g ground beef
- 700 ml of pureed tomatoes
- 1.5 l chicken broth
- 150 g raw pasta
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 round white breads
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
That is how it goes:
1. Cut the cooked lasagne sheets in half lengthways and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, as shown in the picture. Sprinkle them with 40 g cheese and grill them at 200 ° C top heat for about 10 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. In the video, the bread is put into the oven at the same time, but we recommend the order described in the recipe.
2. Put olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the minced meat in it until it is brown. Add the garlic and onions. Make sure to set aside a clove of garlic. When everything is fried, add the tomato sauce, broth and bay leaves. Season everything with salt and pepper and let it simmer for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Add the raw noodles to the pot and let everything simmer for at least 10 minutes. When the pasta has thickened the mixture, you can remove the bay leaves. The lasagne soup is ready.
4. Using a hand blender, mix 100 ml of olive oil with the clove of garlic that was set aside.
5. Cut off the lid of the bread, take out the inside and pluck it into larger croutons. Put the loaves, lids and croutons on a baking sheet, brush everything generously with the garlic and olive oil and then spread cheese on the bread and croutons. Put the tray in the preheated oven at 170 ° C for 15 minutes.
6. Place about half of the spinach in the hollowed-out loaves and then fill them with the lasagne soup. Or you add the soup first and then the spinach in small portions – the order is up to you. Finally, the baked cheese and lasagna platters and croutons are added to the bread. Sprinkle everything with grated parmesan cheese.
You can put the lid back on the bread to serve. When the lid is removed, an irresistible scent emanates from the bread and your guests’ mouths will water immediately. This lasagne soup in garlic bread is simply awesome!
Lasagne can not only be enjoyed in bread as a soup, but also in a paprika. You can see how this works in the following recipe: Mini lasagna in peppers.