Lasagne cake with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan
Almost every family has a traditional recipe when it comes to lasagna. Some prepare it with sour cream, others with ricotta. Still others cook lasagna with the typical bechamel sauce. Today we are serving up a lasagne cake that is awesome in terms of looks. We have refined it with ricotta, basil, mozzarella, parmesan and a spicy roast in tomato sauce.
Preparation time: approx. 2-2.5 hours
Cooking time: 1 H
Difficulty level: moderate
For this you need:
- 500 g lasagne sheets
- 500 g coarse, raw sausage
- Olive oil for frying
- 400 g ricotta
- 1 handful of basil leaves, cut
- coarse pepper
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, cut
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut
- 2 sprigs of thyme, plucked
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
- 100 g melted butter for brushing
That is how it goes:
1. Boil the lasagne sheets in salted water for about 5 to 7 minutes and then let them cool down. Cover them with foil to keep them from drying out.
2. Cut the sausage open and press out the sausage. Fry it in olive oil with onion, thyme, and garlic. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and let everything reduce a little. Season it with salt and pepper, then let it cool a little.
3. Cut two thirds of the lasagne sheets diagonally in half, creating triangles. Line a greased baking dish (diameter: 24 cm) with the triangles.
4. Cut the last third of the lasagne sheets lengthways into strips approx. 1 to 2 cm thick.
5. Spread the meat sauce on the lasagne triangles in the pan and sprinkle grated mozzarella and parmesan over the top. Then mix the ricotta, pepper and basil and pour it into the baking dish. Smooth the cheese, season with pepper and spread the grated mozzarella and parmesan in the pan again. Then there is a layer of meat sauce on top.
6. Use the lasagne sheets cut into strips to lay a grid on the baking dish. Cut off the overlapping dough and coat the grid with melted butter. Put the mold in the oven at 180 ° C top and bottom heat for 45 minutes.
Smart idea with the pasta rack, isn’t it? This hearty cake is a great alternative to traditional lasagna. Predicate: definitely try it out.
We can never get enough of recipes for lasagna. Here you can find another special recipe for lasagna.