Juicy rump steak sandwich with breadcrumbs
A classic sandwich consists of two or more slices of toast, which can be topped with cheese, sausage, fish and vegetables as desired. In our variant, toast is replaced by rump steak; But don’t worry, bread is still not foregone. Because the rump steak is wrapped in a crispy breadcrumbs made of brown bread and then topped with delicious ingredients.
For this you need (for 2 servings):
- 300 g beef (rump steak)
- 6 cheese slices
- 3 potato slices
- 3 onion slices
- 2 zucchini slices
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 beef tomato slices
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the breading:
- 250 g sliced brown bread
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of flour
That is how it goes:
1. Dry the brown bread for 45 minutes at 100 ° C circulating air. Wait until the bread has cooled down and crush it together with the thyme, rosemary and garlic powder to form a breading; refine these with salt if you like.
2. Cut the rump steak into two 150 g slices. Then roll them in flour, whisked eggs and then in the homemade breading.
3. Then bake the breaded rump steaks on both sides in plenty of vegetable oil for about 5 minutes.
4. Fry potato, onion, beefsteak tomato and zucchini slices on both sides.
5. Place one of the fried rump steaks on a plate. Cover it with cheese slices, lettuce and the fried vegetable slices, pour BBQ sauce over it and put the second rump steak on top; if necessary, fix the sandwich with two skewers.
Real meat lovers should try this sandwich urgently, because rump steak, wrapped in a crispy breadcrumbs and topped with grilled vegetables, aromatic cheese and spicy BBQ sauce, has never tasted better.
Minced meat and noodles can also be made into an extraordinary sandwich – here you can find the recipe for our delicious spaghetti and mince sandwich.