Hearty filled pastries from the tray
These yeast particles are awesome for any party. In no time at all, you can prepare an entire tray with delicious yeast pastries that will fill many hungry guests at the same time. The fluffy yeast balls are filled with tomatoes and mozzarella, spinach and feta, Viennese and cheese. A simple but no less great recipe – for both experienced cooks and laypeople.
For this you need (for 6 servings):
For the yeast dough:
- 500g flour
- 50 grams of sugar
- 10 g of salt
- 5 g yeast
- 260 ml of lukewarm milk
- 60 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 40 g milk powder (optional)
For the fillings:
- 11 mini mozzarellas
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 10 mini Viennese
- 2 slices of cheese, cut into strips
- 10 feta cubes
- 100 g ready-to-eat spinach
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 ml of milk
- tomato pesto
- Basil pesto
- roasted onions
That is how it goes:
1. Put flour, sugar, yeast, salt, butter, egg, milk (milk powder is not shown in the video, but the result is even better) in a bowl and knead everything into a smooth dough. Let this sit in a warm place for about an hour.
2. Take a handful of dough in your hand, form a ball out of it and press it flat. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
3. Press half a mini mozzarella ball and half a cherry tomato into a serving of batter and seal everything into a ball. Place the ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Roll a mini-sausage into a strip of cheese, put both on a portion of dough and roll everything into a ball. Also place the ball on the baking sheet, offset from the others.
5. The third filling consists of spinach and feta. Wrap a small cube of feta in spinach and put everything back on a small sheet of dough. Shape it into a ball and place it on the baking sheet. Now repeat everything with the remaining fillings and the remaining dough. Cover the baking sheet with foil and let the dough balls rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Then brush all the dough balls with a mixture of whisked egg and milk. Now put some tomato pesto on the balls with tomato and mozzarella, fried onions on the balls with sausage and cheese and basil pesto on the balls with feta and spinach. Put the tray in the oven at 160 ° C for 20-25 minutes.
Tip 1: If the dough gets too dark in the oven, simply cover the balls with aluminum foil.
Tip 2: Do not put the toppings on the dough balls until after about 20 minutes in the oven, so that they only bake for about 10 minutes.
These fluffy yeast particles are awesome at every party. The fillings complement each other perfectly with the toppings made from pesto and fried onions. The next time you can maybe make the recipe with sweet fillings. How about bananas and cinnamon or chocolate and strawberries? Just awesome!
Do you want even more filled pastries? Here you can find a great recipe for filled rolls.