Ground beef sausages in the batter maze
Simple and creative. These two adjectives are a really popular duo in the kitchen. If this combination also promises a unique culinary experience, the dreams of every chef seem to come true. And because minced meat is a timeless, versatile and extremely popular component of many recipes and dishes, we will show you here and now how it can be processed with a special rolling technique and combined with dough into the shape of an extraordinary labyrinth.
So here is the recipe for our minced beef sausages in the dough labyrinth:
Preparation time: 30 min + 80 min resting time for the dough
Baking time: 30 min
Difficulty level: medium
For this you need:
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 ml of milk
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- chopped parsley
For the dough:
- 450 g flour
- 300 ml of milk
- 120 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 10g dry yeast
For the minced meat mixture:
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 20 g breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
That is how it goes:
1. First mix the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, 1 egg and 1 egg white, milk and the vegetable oil for the dough.
2. Mix the ingredients well. Then cover the bowl with a cloth and let it stand in a warm place for 1 hour to allow the dough to rise.
3. Prepare a baking sheet by laying parchment paper on it. When the 1 hour walking time is over, place the dough on the baking sheet.
4. Spread the dough evenly on the baking sheet with greased fingers.
5. Place another sheet of parchment paper on the dough and let it rise for another 20 minutes.
6. Peel off the baking paper again and use your fingertips to shape the (wrong) paths of the labyrinth into the dough.
7. To make the ground beef sausages, add ground beef, diced onion, egg, chopped garlic, breadcrumbs, vegetable oil, thyme, salt, and pepper to a bowl.
8. Mix the ground beef ingredients by hand.
9. Shape the minced meat into sausages by rolling it between your wet fingers.
10. Place the ground beef sausages in the previously drawn maze and press them lightly into the batter.
11. Mix the 20 ml milk and egg yolks together and brush the dough with it.
12. Then mix the mozzarella with the parsley and spread the mixture over the meat sausages.
13. Put the dough labyrinth in the oven at 175 ° C top and bottom heat for about 30 minutes.
This dish is not only a culinary eye-catcher, but also a real eye-catcher! If you can’t get enough of the combination of dough and minced meat or minced meat in the dough, you should definitely try our cheese mince cake.