French toast with Nutella and strawberries
French toast is a popular classic on the breakfast table in many countries. In France it is called “Pain perdu” (lost bread), probably because you can conjure up a real treat from old bread from the day before with this recipe. The simplest variant only uses milk, butter and eggs, but here you can find out how you can turn this dish into a real treat. It’s very simple and is guaranteed to make faces at the breakfast table with enthusiasm.
For 1 serving you need:
- 2 slices of toast
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 50 g strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Butter for frying
That is how it goes:
- Brush the two slices of toast with Nutella on one side each.
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices or pieces and place them on a slice.
- Then place the other slice on top of the first so that the strawberries are enclosed on both sides by the Nutella.
- Now put the eggs, milk and spices in a bowl and stir everything together to form an even mass.
- Place the toast in the mass and let everything soak for 1 minute before turning the bread over.
- Now you heat fresh butter in a pan and fry the Nutella and strawberry French toast until golden brown.
Wow! This is how easy it is to turn two simple slices of toast into a culinary delight that will delight every breakfast grouch. But it tastes natural and always as a sweet snack in between.