Fondue burger with raclette cheese and homemade fries
The following recipe is absolutely worth every sin. A culinary rendezvous of two national dishes. We combine Swiss cheese fondue with the American classic, the burger! There is also homemade tartar sauce and homemade French fries. Immerse yourself in the cheesy burger dream!
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Difficulty level: light
For this you need:
For the patty:
- approx. 300 g ground beef
- 1 large onion
For the fries:
- 1 kg large, waxy potatoes, peeled
- Burger bun
- green salad (Lollo Bionda)
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 200 g sliced raclette cheese
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
For the burger sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard, coarse and fine
- 1 small, finely diced shallot
- 5-6 celery leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, chopped
That is how it goes:
1. First, use a glass to make a hole in the top half of the burger bun.
2. For the burger sauce, put mayonnaise, mustard, grainy mustard, capers, shallot, celery leaves, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix everything together.
3. Cut the potatoes into thick strips and soak them in cold water (this will wash out the starch). Then pat them dry and blanch them for about 5 to 10 minutes in 140 ° C hot fat. Then let them drain and then fry them again in 160 ° C fat until crispy. After frying the potatoes, season them with salt.
4. Season the minced meat with salt and pepper. Peel the large onion and cut a large ring out of the middle. Cover the onion ring completely and generously with minced meat so that a chopping ring is created. Fry the chopping ring in hot oil on both sides.
5. Put the raclette cheese in a pan and let it melt over low heat.
6. Brush the lower half of the burger bun with the homemade tartar sauce, place a lettuce leaf and tomato slices on top. Now put the fried patty ring, ketchup and the top half of the burger bun with the punched hole on the tomatoes.
7. Pour the melted raclette cheese into the hole of the assembled burger. Sprinkle black sesame seeds on top and serve the fondue burger with the homemade fries.
It’s a shame that you only try this fondue burger once for the first time. This moment is like love at first sight, a greeting straight from heaven. Bon appetit and a goodbye to Switzerland as well as a casual, American goodbye from the gourmet kitchen!
You can prepare many wonderful dishes with raclette cheese. For example the following: Creamy potato raclette in a crispy shell made from bacon.