Filling a white cabbage with 6 ingredients can be so delicious
The main season for many types of cabbage vegetables begins in autumn. But that does not mean that cabbage can only be eaten at this time of the year. In fact, as one of the healthiest and most vitamin-rich leafy vegetables, cabbage is always a good choice if you want to eat well for precisely this reason. It is an ideal source of vitamins, after all, one serving covers the vitamin C requirement for a whole day. That is why we want to let this often underestimated vegetable shine in a very special light and hereby introduce you to the white cabbage filled with omelette:
Preparation time: 45 min
Baking time: 240 min
Difficulty level: medium
For this you need:
- 1 head of cabbage
- 7 eggs
- 175 ml cream
- 100 g diced red peppers
- 100 g of thawed frozen peas
- 100 g small broccoli florets
- 100 g diced sweet potatoes
- Salt pepper
That is how it goes:
1. Cut the stalk out of the cabbage with a knife, then hollow out the white cabbage with a spoon or something similar and, if necessary, chop the scraped cabbage into small pieces. Set the chopped cabbage aside for a moment.
2. Place the hollowed cabbage head on a bowl and add the raw eggs to the cabbage. Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove one of the two stirring sticks from the mixer and mix the raw eggs with the cream, salt and pepper with the remaining eggs in the white cabbage.
4. Put the previously chopped cabbage in a pan, add broccoli, sweet potatoes, diced paprika and peas and pour oil over the whole thing. Fry the vegetables until everything is done.
5. Add the stir-fried vegetables to the egg and cream mix in the white cabbage until the cabbage is filled to the top.
6. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C top / bottom heat and add the cabbage for 180 minutes.
Tip: If the cabbage turns too brown, wrap it in aluminum foil.
7. After the three hours of baking, sprinkle cheese on the cabbage and leave it in the oven for another 30 minutes, until the cheese is nice and brown. If you like, add bacon to the white cabbage filled with omelette.
Who would have thought that the combination of omelette and white cabbage harmonizes so well and can be so incredibly delicious! And while we’re with the cabbage, let’s not forget to mention this irresistible recipe: white cabbage stuffed with spicy minced meat. Have fun trying it out, because you should definitely do that!