Double pie recipe | Dinner and dessert in one form
After the meal, the leftovers are stowed in Tupperware boxes so that they can be eaten again in the next few days – who doesn’t know it? However, you can easily avoid this onerous task if you don’t cook too much.
The main course and dessert can be served in just one baking pan. Our delicious pie is half filled with aromatic vegetables and spicy chicken breast; the other half awaits you with a delicious dessert made from apples – dinner and dessert in just one form? That’s how it’s done:
Servings: 8 (4 savory and 4 sweet)
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 40 min
Difficulty level: medium
For this you need:
For the dough:
- 640 g flour
- 230 g of cool coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10-12 tbsp cold water
For the apple filling:
- 2 apples
- 40 g dried cranberries
- 40 g coarsely chopped pecans
- 40 g of sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g of liquid butter
For the chicken filling:
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- 300 g chicken breast
- 60 g carrots cut into small cubes
- 60 g quartered mushrooms
- 60 g peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder, noble sweet
- 200 ml of broth
- 20 g starch
- 100 ml milk
- 150 g cream cheese
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- Salt pepper
- round baking dish, diameter: 27 cm
- Aluminum foil
That is how it goes:
1. First mix the flour and coconut oil together for the dough. Then stir in sugar, salt and water and knead the mass into a smooth ball; then put it in the fridge for an hour.
2. Meanwhile you can prepare the two fillings. For dessert, peel the apples, cut them into wedges and mix them with the remaining ingredients for the apple filling.
3. For the chicken filling, first season the meat and fry it until golden brown. Let the chicken breast cool, then pluck it into small pieces.
Tip: To make the chicken breast even more tender and juicy, you can pour broth over it after searing, cover the pan and let the meat stew for 20 minutes. During this time, turn it over periodically.
Put oil in a pan and sweat the garlic and onions in it. Then stir in the chicken breast, carrots, mushrooms, peas, paprika powder, and broth. Mix the milk with the starch and pour it into the pan. Finally, stir in the cream cheese and mozzarella and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
4. Separate the baking dish in half with aluminum foil.
5. Cut the dough in half. Roll out one half in a round shape and cut it in the middle. Place a rolled-out piece of dough in one half of the baking dish.
6. Now put the fillings in the baking dish.
7. Roll out the second half of the dough and cut it in half. Cover the chicken filling with one half.
8. Cut the other half of the dough into strips and weave them into a lattice as shown in the video above. Then carefully place this on top of the apple filling.
Tip: Put the grid in the refrigerator for a few minutes beforehand so that it becomes more stable.
Then cut off the excess edges of the dough.
9. Make a few incisions in the batter over the chicken filling so that any water vapor that is created can escape during baking. Then bake the pie for 40 minutes at 190 ° C top / bottom heat.
Have you ever seen a menu for four that is only served in one form? With this lovely pie, which comes with a wonderful mix of chicken breast and apples, you will make family and friends shine.
Do you fancy another pretty chicken creation? Then here you come to our recipe for a hearty cake with chicken breast.