Cream cheese nougat with freeze-dried fruits
Most people with a sweet tooth only know nougat in brown, although the confectionery is also available in white. White nougat is usually made from egg whites, honey, various nuts and fruits.
We have reinterpreted the delicious confectionery mass: The basis is a gentle cream cheese cream with freeze-dried fruits, which, coated in a delicious ganache and refined with crunchy nuts, becomes a heavenly dessert that can compete with the most famous types of nougat.
Preparation time: 45 minutes + 24 hours cooling time
Baking time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: medium
For this you need:
For the cream cheese cream:
- 400 g cream cheese
- 300 g of finely chopped white chocolate
- 120 g coconut fat
- 5 sheets of gelatin
- 50 g freeze-dried raspberries
- 50 g freeze-dried mangoes
- 50 g freeze-dried plums
- 50 g peeled pistachios
For the ganache:
- 300 g of chopped dark chocolate
- 300 g cream
- 1 plastic bottle
- Wooden skewer
- 500 g chopped nuts, e.g. almonds, walnuts or pecans
That is how it goes:
1. Mix the cream cheese, white chocolate and coconut oil over a water bath to a cream and let it cool a little while stirring. Tip: Soak gelatine in water for more stability, squeeze it out and then dissolve it in the cream cheese cream. Then fold the freeze-dried fruits into the cooled cream cheese cream.
2. Cut a plastic bottle just below the shoulder area.
3. Pour the cream cheese cream into the plastic bottle; tap lightly to make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed in the bottle. Then place the plastic bottle in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight.
4. Carefully cut the bottle open and carefully remove the solidified cream cheese cream from the plastic. Then slide a wooden skewer lengthways through the cream cheese cream cylinder and put the whole thing in the refrigerator again.
5. For the ganache, first heat the cream, then add the chocolate and stir the ingredients together until a homogeneous mass has formed. Then chop up the nuts. Now roll the cream cheese cream first through the liquid ganache and then through the chopped nuts. Then let the ganache set, if necessary put the nougat again in the refrigerator. Remove the wooden skewer before serving.
Admittedly, preparing the cream cheese nougat with freeze-dried fruits, ganache and nuts is time-consuming, but we promise that every minute will be worth it.
Do you love kinder Bueno and Nutella? Then you will find the perfect dessert here.