Chocolate cake with KitKats, Rice Krispies and chocolate cream
Dress up as a pirate and go on a treasure hunt – who hasn’t experienced such wonderful adventures as a child? Today we are reliving this memory in the form of a delicious chocolate cake. With chocolate cake, chocolate cream, Rice Krispies and KitKats, you can conjure up an irresistible treasure chest that takes young and old into a wonderful fantasy world.
For this you need:
For the chocolate cake:
- 400 g of sugar
- 225 grams of flour
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, size L
- 200 ml of milk
- 100 ml of vegetable oil
- 230 ml of hot water
- square baking pan, dimensions: 26 cm x 26 cm
For the chocolate creams:
- 1 kg of mascarpone
- 500 g of finely chopped white chocolate
- 6 sheets of gelatin
- 500 g of whipped cream
- 100 g cocoa powder
For the lid of the treasure chest:
- 200 g marshmallows
- 100 g butter
- 200 g Rice Krispies
- approx. 500 g KitKats
- Box shape
- approx. 1 kg KitKats
- sour fruit gum
- thin chocolate bars
- small bottle cap
- golden chocolate coins
- Gold sugar
- ground shortbread biscuits
- Wooden skewers
That is how it goes:
1. First prepare the chocolate creams. To do this, heat the chocolate and mascarpone together in a water bath. Soak the gelatin in water, squeeze it out, and stir it into the chocolate and mascarpone mixture. Let the mixture cool down and then fold in the whipped cream. Divide the cream into two bowls and mix half with the cocoa powder for the dark chocolate cream. Then place both creams in the refrigerator.
2. The chocolate cake must also be prepared before you can start assembling the treasure chest. To do this, beat eggs with sugar. Then mix the dry ingredients together and work them alternately with milk, oil and hot water into the egg-sugar mixture. Then fill the dough into a greased baking pan and bake the chocolate cake for 45 minutes at 170 ° C top / bottom heat. Then let the chocolate cake cool completely.
3. Halve the chocolate cake horizontally.
4. Now halve the two slices of the chocolate cake vertically so that the chocolate cake consists of four rectangles of equal size.
5. Brush three rectangles of the chocolate cake with white chocolate cream. Now put all the rectangles on top of each other for the lower part of the treasure chest.
6. Glue KitKats around the lower part of the treasure chest using the dark chocolate cream.
7. Brush the top layer of chocolate cake with dark chocolate cream; also fill the corners and contact edges of the KitKats with dark chocolate cream and decorate them with Twizzlers.
8. Heat a fork with a lighter and use it to melt a lock in a thin chocolate bar, then stick it with dark chocolate cream in the center of the front of the treasure chest.
9. Glue the sour fruit gum handles to the sides of the treasure chest with dark chocolate cream.
10. Using a bottle cap, cut out circles from a thin chocolate bar and stick them with dark chocolate cream to the side of the handles of the treasure chest.
11. To represent sand, sprinkle ground shortbread biscuits around the treasure chest. Decorate the top of the treasure chest with golden sugar and slide wooden skewers into the chocolate cake. They ensure that the lid of the treasure chest is open later.
12. For the lid of the treasure chest, heat marshmallows and butter together in a water bath; then stir in Rice Krispies. Shape the lid of the treasure chest with the Rice Krispies by pressing the still warm mass around a greased box shape; the box shape should have the same dimensions as the treasure chest. Wait for the mass to cool and set.
13. Decorate the lid, matching the treasure chest, with dark chocolate cream, KitKats and Twizzlers. Cover the inside of the treasure chest with gold coins and then carefully place the lid on the wooden skewers – the extraordinary chocolate cake is ready.
Admittedly, this chocolate cake is not just prepared on the side, but is a case for extraordinary occasions. As children and adults lick each other’s fingers after crispy Rice Krispies, crunchy KitKat, gentle chocolate cream and delicious chocolate cake, this wonderful cake creation is THE highlight at every party. While the children come across a delicious treasure while playing pirate games, adults can indulge in childhood memories together – wonderful, isn’t it?