Chocolate cake with a liquid core made from creamy chocolate fondue
Those with a sweet tooth, watch out: Chocolate fondue does not have to be served exclusively in a ceramic pot! The popular dessert also tastes great from a chocolate cake.
In this recipe, we’ll show you everything you need to know to make a chocolate cake with a liquid core from chocolate fondue.
Preparation time: 75 min
Baking time: 60 min
Difficulty level: medium
For this you need:
For the chocolate cake:
- 330 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 g of vegetable oil
- 200 ml of hot water
- 125 g cocoa powder
- 310 g flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
For the chocolate fondue:
- 400 ml of milk
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 200 g cream
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 100 g chopped white chocolate
- high springform pan, diameter: 20 cm
- small bowl, diameter: 15 cm
- Aluminum foil
- various fruits, marshmallows and bread for garnish
That is how it goes:
1. For the chocolate cake, first mix hot water and cocoa powder. Then whip the mixture with sugar, eggs and oil; Finally, stir in the flour and baking powder.
Fill a small bowl with dry peas. Wrap the bowl with aluminum foil and place it in the middle and with the opening facing down in a greased springform pan.
Tip: Also grease the shell, this will make it easier to remove it from the chocolate cake later.
2. Pour the dough into the springform pan and bake it for 60 minutes at 175 ° C top / bottom heat.
3. Let the chocolate cake cool. Then overturn it and carefully remove the springform pan and shell; cut the top of the cake straight if necessary.
4. Mix the cream with cornstarch and cook it together with the milk and condensed milk in a saucepan. Distribute the still hot mass evenly over the two chopped chocolate types and stir with a whisk until the chocolates are completely melted. Then pour the melted chocolates into the cake from two sides at the same time.
5. Decorate the surfaces of the melted chocolates, for example with a wooden stick, and decorate the chocolate cake with a liquid core made from chocolate fondue with various fruits, marshmallows or bread as you like.
This extraordinary chocolate cake with a liquid core tastes best in company. Sit down together at a table, grab a couple of forks and enjoy this wonderful chocolate cake with its creamy chocolate fondue inside – a sweet meal that you will remember for a very long time.
Would you like more cakes with a creamy filling? Then this coconut cake is perfect for you.