Chicken breast stuffed with cheddar and dill pickles
Dill pickles and chicken breasts are a really good team: the juice from the pickle jar gives the chicken a unique flavor; additionally filled with cheddar and dill pickles, the dish becomes a culinary highlight. In this recipe, you’ll find out everything you need to know to make this stuffed chicken breast.
For this you need (for 3 servings):
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 jar of dill pickles
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- Flour for breading
- 100 g natural yogurt
- Oil for deep-frying
For the marinade:
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Juice from the dill pickle glass
For the breading:
- 150 grams of flour
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g fried onions
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
That is how it goes:
1. Slice the chicken breast horizontally. Then cover them with some plastic wrap, flatten them, and place them in a baking dish.
2. Poke holes in the pickle jar lid and pour the liquid over the chicken breast in the baking dish.
3. Toast the peppercorns, mustard seeds, cloves, dill seeds and coriander seeds in a pan and pour them into the baking dish together with the fresh dill. Mix the marinade with a spoon and turn the chicken breast as needed to distribute the marinade evenly. Place the chicken breast in the refrigerator overnight to marinate.
4. Remove the chicken breast from the marinade and pat it dry. Top one side of the chicken breast with cheddar and dill pickles.
5. Fold the chicken breast, rub it generously with flour on both sides and coat both sides with natural yogurt.
6. Mix the ingredients for the breading and roll the stuffed chicken breast in it.
7. Deep-fry the filled chicken breast for 5-6 minutes at 150 ° C until golden brown. Then dab them off and serve them with potato wedges and broccoli, for example.
The extraordinary marinade makes this chicken breast stuffed with cheddar and dill pickles one of the juiciest ever!
The recipe from the bonus video also shows the preparation of a delicious chicken – you can find the recipe for our honey chicken here.