Baked potatoes, filled with meatballs and mozzarella
If potatoes and meat go so well together on the plate, why shouldn’t it also be on meat in apply to the potato? If you then transform this dreamy duo into an unbeatable trio by adding mozzarella to the recipe, it can be nothing more than a unique taste experience. Isn’t it a fact that cheese makes everything – or at least a lot – better? In this case, definitely! What tops it all off is the fact that this filled potato is also deep-fried – a perfect end to a unique recipe.
So don’t let the idea remain and try the baked potato filled with meatballs and mozzarella!
Preparation time: 30 min + 90 min cooling time
Baking time: 30 min
Difficulty level: medium
For this you need:
- 2 large or 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 3 mozzarella balls
- 30 g ground beef
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of parsley
- 5 g cornstarch
- Pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
For the breading:
That is how it goes:
1. Boil the potatoes and let them cool. As soon as the potatoes have cooled, use a Parisian spoon to make 6 hollows in them – 3 on each side.
2. Collect the cut potato balls in a bowl and set them aside for later.
3. To prepare the mini meatballs, mix the ground beef with a pinch of parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Mix the ingredients together well, then shape the meatballs. These should be about the size of the hollows made in the potatoes so that they fit well.
5. Place the 3 mini meatballs in the hollows in the potato.
6. Then place 3 mozzarella balls in the empty hollows in the potato.
7. Now mash the potato balls that were initially set aside with a fork.
8. Add the egg yolk, the starch, a little milk and a good pinch of nutmeg and mix the whole thing together properly.
9. Press the mashed potatoes firmly onto the stuffed potato on all sides so that it is completely coated.
10. Using a fork, draw lines in the mashed potatoes mixture and place the potatoes in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours.
11. Bread the frozen potato. To do this, roll them first in flour, then in a beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
12. Deep-fry the filled potato for about 7-8 minutes in 150 ° C hot fat until it is golden brown.
13. Serve the baked potato like a baked potato, best with a chive and sour cream dip.
It’s amazing how the combination of three such simple ingredients can become such a unique taste experience. Do you agree and, after trying this recipe, can’t you get enough of stuffed potatoes either? Then you should definitely try these potatoes filled with cheese and mince!