15 things that today’s youth no longer knows
The technical advances that have taken place over the last 30 years are enormous. Smartphones, streaming services, social media: all the things that are a matter of course for today’s youth were unthinkable years ago.
At the same time, things that the generations before grew up with have an effect on young vegetables today, almost ripe for a museum – if it is even recognized what one is looking at:
1. “My 11-year-old asked me in the taxi yesterday what that thing was on the door.”
In the back of an Uber the other day my 11-year-old asked me what this thing is on the door. pic.twitter.com/rCzmjFvQgy
– Marc Sebens (@MarcSebens) July 27, 2018
2. Nowadays, thanks to smartphones, children don’t even know what it’s like to have to wait a week for photos to be developed.
3. “I’m officially old … A child saw the floppy disk and said: ‘You have a 3D print of the ‘to save‘-Symbol made! ‘”
In the “I’m getting old” department .., a kid saw this and said, “oh, you 3D-printed the ‘Save’ Icon.” pic.twitter.com/rwgCpSjfDQ
– Bill Gross (@Bill_Gross) October 17, 2017
4. An inattentive moment and the home video of Conny’s confirmation party is forever covered with a ‘Wetten, dass …’ episode.
5. Texting was a sweaty high-performance sport for all fingers!
– CISN Country 103.9 (@CISNCountry) December 21, 2016
6. “I asked my nephew if he knew about this device. He thought it was a printer. “
7. “My children found a cassette in the river bed and wanted to know whether it was from the war.”
The kids found this Lynyrd Skynyrd tape in the creek bed and asked if it was “from the Civil War.” pic.twitter.com/ViQZYeDmyH
– Ed Wiley (@EdWiley) May 29, 2016
8. When you had to print out the directions.
– Margot Grabie (@ MEGra18) November 23, 2017
9. “A 5 year old wanted to know what that blue thing was. I explained it was a portable radio. So he wanted to know what a portable radio does. “
y’all a 5 year old little boy at my church just asked me what this blue thing was .. i told him it was a portable radio and he said what does a portable radio do … 😶IDK HOW TO FEEL THIS IS NOT OK pic.twitter.com/3htDmDDWhA
– tristan wheat (@ twheat9) August 2, 2018
10. How much stress it was back then to find that one particular album.
#ThrowbackThursday Who remembers having to go through this when they were younger ?? 🤔😩
Those were the good old days#entertainment #pop #genre #music #skirt #heavymetal #poprock #humor #musicislife #entertaiment #musicans #bands pic.twitter.com/m5k9ULpDk9
– Sleeping Sunset (@Sleeping_Sunset) June 1, 2018
11. “My brother was angry because the ‘charging station’ for the iPhone in the car didn’t work and his cell phone was scratched.”
My brother was upset because his car’s “docking station” for his iPhone wasn’t working and it was scratching his screen. pic.twitter.com/Awpri5qi19
– TShaw471 (@MVPJunkie) March 4, 2020
12. Unlimited data volume? No, rather, ‘No place for new messages.’
– Daedalus Trust (@HubrisAwareness) February 9, 2018
13. All that effort just to play a round of solitaire.
– Legendz4Lyf (@legendslyf) December 8, 2015
14. One wrong click and you had this salad!
RT if you remember these pic.twitter.com/CxeBhzr9ih
– Alan Garner (@AIanHangover) March 3, 2015
15. “My daughter asked me why they said ‘hang up the phone’ and now I feel old.”
You really feel old after looking at this gallery! But today’s youngsters will probably feel the same way later when they have to explain to their children that 30 years ago you had to drive a car yourself …
Even more nostalgia arises with these pictures, which only children of the 90s know.
Thumbnail: © Twitter / Marc Sebens