14 photos of revised doctors
Each profession is important in its own way, but few professions are as directly vital as that of a doctor or nurse. Doctors and nurses often represent the proverbial silk path on which the existence of many people depends.
Here are emotional stories that really inspire you. (Scroll down to the article.)
This is particularly clear in times like the current corona pandemic: Completely taken by surprise by the virus, countless doctors and nurses work endless overtime to treat SARS-CoV-2 infected people and all the other sick people – often with inadequate hospital equipment. This leaves its mark, as can be seen below.
1. “I am a nurse at the Geral de Parelheiros hospital in São Paulo, Brazil. I graduated in 2015. I am currently working in an intensive care unit that only accommodates patients with COVID-19. “
2. “I broke down today and cried. I cried from exhaustion. And because I have to admit defeat. After four years as a nurse in the emergency room, I suddenly feel like I have no idea. “
3. “Around 4 o’clock in the morning. The prints are real. This is what I looked like after an hour in the emergency room. It’s hot in my smock, I’m sweaty and the masks itch. “
4. An exhausted nurse from Brazil.
5. “My new everyday life.”
6. “Beauty marks.”
7. “The corona mask effect. Please stay at home and protect your loved ones! “
8. “Anyone who can get their hands on a foam bandage should protect their face.”
9. Blood red.
10. “I don’t usually like to post photos of myself. But I felt the need to capture moments like this. Do you see the prints on my face? These are the traces of the N95 mask that separates me from potential SARS-CoV-2 patients. This barrier protects me from bringing the virus home. I am completely exhausted after every shift. “
11. “After a 14-hour night shift on the SARS-CoV-2 special ward, it is difficult for me to put my feelings into words. I am exhausted, overwhelmed, fearful, and angry. Why do we not have enough protective equipment available? I am afraid of carrying the virus home or of contracting it. I am physically and mentally drained. “
12. “Dr. Nicholas Manice – I’ve known him since he was an intern. He collected donated protective equipment and smocks and gave it to his colleagues. Nick was supposed to intubate a patient last week and had to wear a patient’s gown because there was nothing else. In addition, the protective goggles left deep marks. “
Dr. Nicholas Manice – knew him since his intern year. He collected donations of PPEs & gowns to give to his colleagues. Last week, this is Nick about to intubate a patient, only wearing a patient’s gown because he couldn’t find PPE and the goggles leave these marks on his face pic.twitter.com/cQWYJrv2Pr
– Tsion Firew, MD, MPH (@DrTsion) March 26, 2020
13. A nurse from Andalusia.
14. Exhaustion is written on her face.
The tireless efforts of these women and men is more than admirable! The following doctors are no less exhausted. Who has exhausting 12-hour or more-hour shifts during this pandemic? But of course, even before the Corona crisis, working in a hospital was anything but relaxing. Even so, doctors don’t lose their humanity, as this cuddly doctor proves.
Thumbnails: © Instagram / goldys.go.tos © Instagram / covid_nurses